The Onkyo PR-RZ5100
Please enquire for Pricing.
11.2-Channel Network A/V Controller
Make Multidimensional Sound Your Cinema’s Crowning Glory
Update your lovingly assembled home cinema and join the object-based sound revolution with a flexible and sophisticated controller capable of delivering a full-scale multidimensional surround-sound experience without caveat or compromise. DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® formats are decoded and sent to your power-amp and floorstanding/in-ceiling speaker layout with utmost fidelity through RCA or XLR pre-outs, unlocking a truly immersive cinema experience. Premium DACs and VLSC™ assures stunning purity for Hi-Res Audio, such as 11.2 MHz DSD, while separate digital/analog circuitry prevents interference on analog sources. Together with comprehensive wired and wireless multi-room A/V capabilities, app-based streaming via Chromecast built-in, Wi-Fi®, and AirPlay®, and the latest HDMI® connections, this beautifully crafted centerpiece boasts every convenience to smooth the transition to next-generation entertainment.
- THX® Ultra2™ Plus Certification
- Native DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® to 7.2.4 Channels
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Multichannel Formats
- Chromecast built-in, AirPlay®, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® App Streaming
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Wireless Technology
- HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)
- THX® Ultra2™ Plus Cinema-Reference Audio Performance
- 7.2.4-channel DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Audio Decoding
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixes Standard 5.1 and 7.1 formats to 3D Sound
- HDMI Supports 4K/60 Hz, High Dynamic Range, 4:4:4 Color Space, and HDCP 2.2-protected Video*1
- Customized and Shielded Low-Hum Transformer and Separate Transformer for Standby
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise-free Signal Processing for All Channels
- Chromecast built-in*2, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth*3, TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL*2, and Deezer*2 for App-based Audio Streaming*4
- Network/USB Audio (DSD 11.2 MHz [Stereo], 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3, WMA)
- Whole House Mode Function
- AccuEQ Calibration with AccuReflex for Seamless Object-based, Multichannel, and Stereo Sound (Setup Mic Included)
- FireConnect™*2 Wireless Multi-room Digital/Analog Audio Distribution to Compatible Speakers (Sold Separately)
- 11.2 Multichannel and XLR Pre-Outs for Amplifier Connection
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- Remote App for iPhone/iPod touch*5 and Android™ Devices*6
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Surround, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express, DTS Neural:X™, THX® Cinema/Music/Game, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- Separate 384 kHz/32-bit AK4490 Stereo DAC (Front L/R), 2 x 768 kHz/32-bit AK4458 Multichannel DACs (Surround Channels)
- Discrete 192 kHz/24-bit AK4388 Stereo DACs (x2) for Zone 2 and Zone 3
- Multiple 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
- Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability (Rear Input)
- 11.2 Multichannel and XLR Pre-Outs
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre-/Line Outs
- Dual Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input; Supports IP and RS232
- 6.3 mm Headphone Input
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) ±10 dB for All Channels
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Setup Function
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
- Simple Remote Control
Combined with a THX®-certified amplifier, the PR-RZ5100 controller’s THX® Ultra2™ Plus certification assures distortion-free Cinema Reference Volume in large home cinemas. Certified products are subjected to the industry’s toughest bench-tests to satisfy THX® requirements for audio performance.
Why Upgrade to an RZ Series Product?
Onkyo strives to create products that bring joy to the listener. The RZ Series is the culmination of 70 years of experience in high-end audio: future-focused, but with the analog tradition at heart. Every design element, every hand-selected part contributes to flagship performance: full-spectrum reproduction, transparent resolution, lightning dynamics, a sense of rhythm and soul... performance that overwhelms and fills you with emotion.
Noiseless Signal Processing with VLSC™
No matter how good the DAC, pulse noise is an inevitable consequence of digital-to-analog conversion. VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) compares vectors from the input/output signal and uses that information to erase digital noise. A pure, noise-free analog signal is fed to your amps, resulting in improved detail resolution and clarity.
Get the Complete DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Experience
With 11.2 pre-amp channels, you can let your speakers deliver a complete multidimensional movie experience in your home cinema through a 7.2.4 layout. Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ unlock sound from conventional channels and free audio to move above and around the audience for a thoroughly captivating and immersive movie experience.
Cohesive Multidimensional Sound
AccuReflex—part of the AccuEQ room calibration suite—phase-matches height and floor-standing speakers for transparent and seamless reproduction of object-based sound. AccuEQ optimizes the entire system to suit your space without affecting front-speaker characteristics for pure stereo listening.
Upmixes Standard Surround Formats
DTS Neural:X™ retrieves spacial cues from standard multichannel formats and upmixes for a 3D soundtrack that’s virtually identical to a native DTS:X™ source, giving your existing Blu-ray library a new lease on life.
Chromecast built-in, AirPlay®, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Most smartphone and PC music apps let you mirror what’s playing to your PR-RZ5100 within moments using Chromecast built-in. The receiver also features AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi® for universal wireless audio support, including DSD up to 11.2 MHz.
Spotify, Pandora®, Deezer, TIDAL, and TuneIn
Enjoy the music you want any time on your home cinema via these popular smartphone and PC applications or via Onkyo remote app.
FireConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Solution
Cast anything playing through your receiver—including vinyl and streaming audio—to compatible speakers* around your home using FireConnect™ technology. Manage multi-zone playback with our free smartphone app.
* Please consult www.onkyo.com for details on Onkyo wireless speakers. Onkyo cannot guarantee operability with all FireConnect™-compatible products.
FireConnect™ by Blackfire Research Corp. is a stable wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio.
Note: Audio sources supported by FireConnect™ are model-dependent.
Housewide Playback of Any Source
Put extra speakers you have to good use—plug them in to an external power amp connected to the controller using its Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-/line-outs. Dedicated DACs and smartphone control app lets you manage digital and analog content via the controller in any zone.
Latest Dual-Zone HDMI®
Select HDMI terminals support HDR, 4:4:4 color-space, and HDCP 2.2 for next-generation UltraHD Blu-ray, streaming 4K video, and 4K/60 Hz PC-based gaming. Zone 2 output transmits 4K home theater sources to a second TV.
The T's and the C's.
Product information is supplied in good faith.
Products and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
E&OE, errors and ommissions excepted.
What do all the advanced Audio/Video features of the PR-RZ5100 mean?
Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC)
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. Previously only found on Onkyo’s high-end components, VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analogue vectors in real-time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result - a virtually noiseless, smooth analogue signal based on the digital source.
Wireless Audio from your iOS device
AirPlay lets you stream audio from your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad directly to your main system. Experience your hand-held music collection with unrivalled Onkyo power and fidelity.
Stream computer-based audio wirelessly
With AirPlay, you can also stream every song and playlist from the iTunes library on your Mac or Windows PC to your compatible Onkyo system. iTunes and Onkyo—convergence without cables.
Remote App for computer-based audio
Using Apple’s free Remote app, you can turn your iOS device into a handy remote controller for your computer-based iTunes library. Browse to find your favorite tracks, even if you’re in a different room from your PC and hi-fi system.
Made for iPod iPhone iPad
The “Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad logo means the Onkyo product was designed specifically to interface with these Apple devices. This compatibility allows the user to control playback using the Onkyo system remote controller while their iPod, iPhone, or iPad is recharged. Users can also enjoy superior sound quality, as signals are transported in digital form—rather than analog—via the direct-digital connection on selected models
Bluetooth is a wireless transmission standard that uses short wave radio signals to connect mobile devices to computers and other compatible electronics.
AccuEQ calibration technology reveals the true potential of your speakers by eliminating standing waves from your listening space. These acoustic peaks distort the audio image and prevent your loudspeakers from voicing the sound as their designers intended. AccuEQ lets you experience the whole sonic picture without changing your speaker system’s unique personality.
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across connections.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, and sports, in addition to music, podcasts, and audiobooks, to an audience of over 60 million monthly active users worldwide. The company is based in San Francisco, California.
is an internationally-recognized seal of approval for products indicating that they have met industry-agreed standards for interoperability, security, and a range of application specific protocols.
is an Internet-based music streaming service. It allows users to listen to music content from record labels including EMI, Sony, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group on various devices online or offline.
is the name of a surround sound technology announced by Dolby Laboratories in April 2012 and released in June that year, first utilized in Disney and Pixar's animated film Brave.
also known as High-definition audio or HD audio, is a marketing term used by some recorded-music retailers and high-fidelity sound reproduction equipment vendors. It refers to higher than 44.1 kHz sample rate and/or higher than 16-bit linear bit depth..
384 kHz/32-bit DACs enable the best possible reproduction of standard and high-definition audio formats.
A digital music service that enables users to remotely source millions of songs- or various 'record labels' from a laptop smartphone or other devices.
A receiver with built-in decoding for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or both. Atmos calls for at least one pair of “height” speakers. These can be ceiling speakers or upward-firing Atmos-enabled speakers. DTS:X works with a regular surround sound speaker system.
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. The devices, designed as small dongles, enable users with a mobile device or personal computer to initiate and control playback of Internet-streamed audio/visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system through mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology. Alternatively, content can be mirrored from the Google Chrome web browser running on a personal computer, as well as from the screen of some Android devices.
THX Select2 Plus
THX Select2 Plus components are ideally suited for a room where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is approximately 3 to 4 meters, and the room size is approximately 56 cubic meters. THX Loudness Plus is included in the specification.
Tidal (stylized as TIDAL)
is a subscription-based music streaming service that combines lossless audio and high-definition music videos with exclusive content and special features on music.
is an open-ended streaming technology developed by BlackFire Research. The aim is to provide an inexpensive solution to multi room streaming, easily implementable by manufacturers. Through the FireConnect app, it's possible to control compatible devices regardless of brand or model.