The Onkyo TX-NR676E
Please enquire for Pricing.
7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Silken Power from an Amp with the Lot
Drive a full-scale surround system with effortless clarity. This thoroughbred A/V receiver streamlines access to app-based music, on-demand TV, games, and more. Linking your 4KTV and up to seven media players over HDMI®, the TX-NR676E processes all the popular Hi-Res and object-based audio codecs while Dynamic Audio Amplification boosts sound flawlessly for an adrenalin-pumping cinema experience. Future-focused, the receiver plays almost any audio accessible to your mobile or PC over dual-band Wi-Fi®, and comes with Chromecast built-in* and DTS Play-Fi®*, which make mirroring music a one-tap operation. You can share network content, analog audio from your Blu-ray Disc player, turntable, and more to supported network multi-room speakers home over FireConnect™ powered by Blackfire. It’s a receiver with the lot, and one of the best sounding amps available.
* Future firmware update required.
- Supports 5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ Playback
- 165 W per Channel
- HDMI 7 In (1 Front*1) / Main Out, and Sub Out*2 Supporting 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2 Pass-through
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with 4-Ohm Speaker-driving Capability
- 384 kHz/32-bit DAC and VLSC™ Filtering for Superior Clarity
- Ready for Chromecast built-in*3 and DTS Play-Fi*3
- Dual-band Wi-Fi, AirPlay, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora®, TuneIn*4
- FireConnect™*5 Wireless Multi-room Audio
- HDMI Terminals Supporting HDR10, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020, and 4K/60 Hz Pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- Supports 5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Playback and Dolby Surround Upmixing
- DTS:X Object-based Audio Reproduction and DTS Neural:X™ 3D Upmixing
- Dolby Surround 3D Upmixing Solution for Multichannel Surround Formats
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex Phase Alignment for Dolby Atmos-enabled Speakers
- Ready for Onkyo Controller App Integrated Multi-room Intuitive Operation*6
- Stable Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® Connectivity
- Features Chromecast built-in Wireless Audio Streaming Technology
- DTS Play-Fi Shares Music from Apps to Receiver and Wireless Speakers
- AirPlay Audio Streaming from iTunes and iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Supports Hi-Res Audio Including DSD 5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz*7, 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC, and Dolby® TrueHD*8
- Supports Spotify, TIDAL, TuneIn, Pandora, and Deezer Services
- FireConnect™ Multi-room Distribution of Network and Analog Audio Sources*9 to Compatible Wireless Speakers
- Powered Zone 2 Speaker Outputs and Zone 2 Line Output with Dedicated DAC Supporting Digital*10 and Analog Audio Playback
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology for Mobiles, Laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
- Advanced Music Optimizer Improves Compressed Digital Audio Quality, Including Bluetooth Audio
- Supports for Front L/R Channel Bi-Amping in 5.2-Ch Speaker Layout
- 480i De-interlacing (480i to 480p) via HDMI for Legacy Video Formats
- 165 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification System Delivers Thrilling Stereo and Multichannel Performance
- High-current Power to Drive Large Speakers with 4-Ohm Resistance
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Transformer
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) High-frequency Noise Removal (Front L/R Channels)
- Non-Phase-Shift Amplification Circuitry for Clarity and Detail
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry for Low Distortion
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Reproduction (5.2.2 Channels)
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DSD, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- High-grade AKM (AK4458) 384 kHz/32-bit Multichannel DAC
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing
- DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Enjoy Pristine Reproduction of Audio-only Sources in Pure Audio Mode
- Direct Mode for Audio Reproduction Close to Original Source Quality
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 7 HDMI Inputs (1 Front) and 2 Outputs (1 Main Out, 1 Sub Out)
- Powered USB Port (5 V, 1 A) for Audio Playback
- 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 2 Component Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs (6 Coaxial), 1 Stereo Analog Input (3.5 mm, Front)
- Phono Input (MM) and Equalizer for Turntable
- 2 Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Headphone Jack (6.35 mm, Front)
- Speaker Posts with Screw Knobs
- Speaker Setup Mic Input (Front)
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical User Interface with Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Quick Setup Guide via GUI and Easy Connection Diagram on Rear Panel
- Large Input Selector Buttons
- Economical HDMI Pass-through and Network Standby Functions
- IP Control via LAN for Home Automation Systems
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Full-sized Simple Remote Control
Object-based soundtracks allow independently mixed sound to play through any speaker in your system. Effects move all around as they do in real life, so you experience 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X formats as the director intended. DTS Neural:X™ identifies spatial effects in multichannel soundtracks and upmixes for 3D playback, while DTS:X offers independent dialog volume control for movies. Dolby Surround is also included to upmix legacy multichannel formats for playback in a Dolby Atmos-enabled environment.
Onkyo Controller Supports Next Generation Network Audio
Onkyo Controller app collects streaming services and network-attached audio into an intuitive interface. Control playback, navigate internet services, and distribute audio all over the home with ease.
Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in*
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the TX-NR676E with ease. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps you know and love from your iPhone, iPad, Android™ phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook™.
Stream Anything with DTS Play-Fi®*
DTS Play-Fi is a wireless protocol that works with any audio app on mobiles and PC. Flick whatever’s playing to the receiver, even different sources to different components at the same time.
Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, Spotify®, and Bluetooth®
Selectable 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi assures stable connectivity so you can enjoy smooth streaming over AirPlay, the Spotify app, and the local network. Bluetooth wireless technology also provides quick and simple wireless streaming from your choice of music application.
Internet Radio and Streaming Services
TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn are baked into the GUI, making it easy to select from a huge range of music and radio programs using Onkyo Controller.
FireConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FireConnect™ mirrors network audio and external analog sources connected to a master component—from streaming services to vinyl records—on FireConnect™-compatible speakers in other rooms. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into Onkyo Controller app for iOS and Android™.
Note: Sharing audio from external inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
4K HDR, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2 Support
Six rear HDMI® inputs support pass-through of 4K HDR in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision™ formats; the BT.2020 4K Video Standard, 4K/60 Hz video playback; and HDCP 2.2 for premium content. Further, front HDMI is available for easy connection of a video camera or game console, while a rear Sub Output is ideal for connecting a projector.
Powerful Amplification for Dynamic Sound
High current power is proven by the ability to drive four-ohm speaker loads, which will severely test the strongest multichannel amplifier. Heaps of muscle means superior control for improved clarity and transient response, restoring energy to stereo and multichannel sound. Further, VLSC™ eliminates pulse-noise for optimal playback of high-quality stereo sources.
Graphical User Interface with Easy Setup
With your speakers and media players connected, plug in the AccuEQ mic and let the GUI guide you through initial setup, from speaker calibration (including AccuReflex phase correction for Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers) through to network connection. The refined interface makes control simple and enjoyable.
Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Lineouts
Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs let you send amplified network, S/PDIF, or analog audio sourced to a pair of speakers in another room. Line outputs can connect your home cinema sources to a separate hi-fi system. Manage playback using Onkyo Controller.
* Requires a future firmware update.
The T's and the C's.
Product information is supplied in good faith.
Products and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
E&OE, errors and ommissions excepted.
What do all the advanced Audio/Video features of the TX-NR676E mean?
Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC)
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. Previously only found on Onkyo’s high-end components, VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analogue vectors in real-time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result - a virtually noiseless, smooth analogue signal based on the digital source.
Wireless Audio from your iOS device
AirPlay lets you stream audio from your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad directly to your main system. Experience your hand-held music collection with unrivalled Onkyo power and fidelity.
Stream computer-based audio wirelessly
With AirPlay, you can also stream every song and playlist from the iTunes library on your Mac or Windows PC to your compatible Onkyo system. iTunes and Onkyo—convergence without cables.
Remote App for computer-based audio
Using Apple’s free Remote app, you can turn your iOS device into a handy remote controller for your computer-based iTunes library. Browse to find your favorite tracks, even if you’re in a different room from your PC and hi-fi system.
Made for iPod iPhone iPad
The “Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad logo means the Onkyo product was designed specifically to interface with these Apple devices. This compatibility allows the user to control playback using the Onkyo system remote controller while their iPod, iPhone, or iPad is recharged. Users can also enjoy superior sound quality, as signals are transported in digital form—rather than analog—via the direct-digital connection on selected models
Bluetooth is a wireless transmission standard that uses short wave radio signals to connect mobile devices to computers and other compatible electronics.
AccuEQ calibration technology reveals the true potential of your speakers by eliminating standing waves from your listening space. These acoustic peaks distort the audio image and prevent your loudspeakers from voicing the sound as their designers intended. AccuEQ lets you experience the whole sonic picture without changing your speaker system’s unique personality.
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across connections.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, and sports, in addition to music, podcasts, and audiobooks, to an audience of over 60 million monthly active users worldwide. The company is based in San Francisco, California.
is an internationally-recognized seal of approval for products indicating that they have met industry-agreed standards for interoperability, security, and a range of application specific protocols.
is an Internet-based music streaming service. It allows users to listen to music content from record labels including EMI, Sony, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group on various devices online or offline.
is the name of a surround sound technology announced by Dolby Laboratories in April 2012 and released in June that year, first utilized in Disney and Pixar's animated film Brave.
also known as High-definition audio or HD audio, is a marketing term used by some recorded-music retailers and high-fidelity sound reproduction equipment vendors. It refers to higher than 44.1 kHz sample rate and/or higher than 16-bit linear bit depth..
384 kHz/32-bit DACs enable the best possible reproduction of standard and high-definition audio formats.
A digital music service that enables users to remotely source millions of songs- or various 'record labels' from a laptop smartphone or other devices.
A receiver with built-in decoding for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or both. Atmos calls for at least one pair of “height” speakers. These can be ceiling speakers or upward-firing Atmos-enabled speakers. DTS:X works with a regular surround sound speaker system.
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. The devices, designed as small dongles, enable users with a mobile device or personal computer to initiate and control playback of Internet-streamed audio/visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system through mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology. Alternatively, content can be mirrored from the Google Chrome web browser running on a personal computer, as well as from the screen of some Android devices.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
Audio signals are not static like a test tone, but rather a countless collection of constantly moving waves. While static measurements such as S/N ratio and Total Harmonic Distortion are important, Onkyo believes that excellent dynamic and transient response is the key to emotionally involving sound. Dynamism—the “life” in music—is achieved when the amp can respond to changes in the signal instantaneously, so notes start and stop naturally and the nuances in attack, decay, sustain, and release are voiced with conviction.
DTS Play Fi
Play-Fi is premium whole-home wireless audio, now available from the largest ecosystem of brands in the world. Stream your favorite content with astounding audio quality, from every device that you've got. All Play-Fi products are seamlessly interoperable, so you can find the perfect speaker for every room, and know that they will all make beautiful music together.
is the official Onkyo remote control application. The app allows you to operate compatible Onkyo network products from Android™ devices. An intuitive, user-friendly interface makes it easy to get more from your audio entertainment experience.
in basic terms, is an end-to-end production process, from the content creation right through to mastering and then you viewing it at home. Because it's an end-to-end process, the metadata in each frame can be dictated by Dolby and then compatible equipment can read it and understand it exactly how it was meant to be. It means you'll get the best possible viewing experience.