The Onkyo TX-RZ1100
Please enquire for Pricing.
9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Unlock a Seamlessly Immersive Object-Audio Experience
The THX®-certified TX-RZ1100 is aimed at discerning audiophiles waiting for the perfect product to deliver a no-compromises 5.2.4-channel audio experience in their home. This extraordinary reference receiver is suited to quad in-ceiling DTS:X™- and Dolby Atmos®-ready layouts with mammoth power to drive front and rear floorstanders with thrilling dynamism. The TX-RZ1100 leverages Onkyo-tuned high-current architecture with sophisticated digital-switching technology to achieve sound that’s nothing short of spectacular. Add the ability to cast from most music apps to the receiver via AirPlay®, Wi-Fi®, and Chromecast built-in, and to mirror any audio on wireless speakers around the home (along with powered audio and 4K video distribution) and the case for flagship-quality entertainment becomes even more convincing.
- 200 W per Channel
- THX® Select2™ Plus Certification
- Native DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® to 5.2.4 Channels
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Formats
- Chromecast built-in, AirPlay®, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® App Streaming
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Wireless Technology
- HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)
- THX® Select2™ Plus Cinema-Reference Audio Performance
- 5.2.4-channel DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Audio Decoding
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixes Standard 5.1 and 7.1 formats to 3D Sound
- HDMI Supports 4K/60 Hz, High Dynamic Range, 4:4:4 Color Space, and HDCP 2.2-protected Video*1
- Zone 2 HDMI Output Distributes 4K/60 Hz Video to a Second Display
- Chromecast built-in*2, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth*3, TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL*2, and Deezer*2 for App-based Audio Streaming*4
- Network/USB Audio (DSD 11.2 MHz [Stereo], 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3, WMA)
- Powered Zone 2 and Powered Zone 3 Outputs for Multi-room Analog and Digital (HDMI/Network/OPT/COAX) Audio with Independent Volume/Tone Controls
- Whole House Mode Function
- AccuEQ Calibration with AccuReflex for Seamless Object-based, Multichannel, and Stereo Sound (Setup Mic Included)
- FireConnect™*2 Wireless Multi-room Digital/Analog Audio Distribution to Compatible Speakers (Sold Separately)
- 11.2 Multichannel Pre-Outs for 7.2.4-channel Object-based Audio (Separate Stereo Amp Required)
- Remote App for iPhone/iPod touch*5 and Android™ Devices*6
- 200 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 340 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Onkyo High-Current Digital Amplification for Smooth Low-Distortion Power
- Customized High-Output Transformer, Custom Audio-Grade Capacitors, Separate Transformer for Standby
- Separated Digital and Analog Circuitry to Reduce Interference
- Extruded Metal Heat Sink with Polycarbonate Cooling Fan
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise-free Signal Processing for All Channels
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Surround, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express, DTS Neural:X™, THX® Cinema/Music/Game, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- Separate 384 kHz/32-bit AK4490 Stereo DAC (Front L/R), 2 x 768 kHz/32-bit AK4458 Multichannel DACs (Surround Channels)
- Discrete 192 kHz/24-bit AK4388 Stereo DACs (x2) for Zone 2 and Zone 3
- Multiple 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability (Rear Input)
- 11.2 Multichannel Pre-Outs and Zone 2/3 Pre-/Line Outs
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 Powered Speaker Outputs/Bi-Amping Outputs
- Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- Dual Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input; Supports IP and RS232
- 6.3 mm Headphone Input
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) ±10 dB for All Channels
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for All Channels (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Setup Function
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
- Simple Remote Control
Packing 9.2 channels, the TX-RZ1100 unlocks a full 5.2.4-channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ experience via four in-ceiling (or up-firing) speakers. Included 11.2 multichannel pre-outs enable 7.2.4-channel layouts (requires stereo amp).
Upmixes Standard Surround Formats
DTS Neural:X™ retrieves spacial cues from standard multichannel formats and upmixes for 3D playback that’s virtually identical to a native DTS:X™ source, giving your existing Blu-ray library a new lease on life.
THX®-Certified for Cinema Reference Sound
THX® Select2™ Plus guarantees distortion-free Cinema Reference Volume in your home. Certified products are subjected to the industry’s toughest bench-tests to satisfy THX® requirements for audio performance.
Introducing Onkyo High-Current Digital Amplification
The TX-RZ1100 combines high-current driving architecture with sophisticated digital amplification and filtering technology. Noise-reduction hardware including a custom high-output transformer delivers fast dynamics, thrilling power, and stunningly precise detail resolution. Painstakingly tuned for velvet-smooth and emotionally evocative audio reproduction, Onkyo High-Current Digital is where power meets control.
Cohesive Multidimensional Sound
AccuReflex—part of the AccuEQ room calibration suite—phase-matches height and floor-standing speakers for transparent and seamless reproduction of object-based sound. AccuEQ optimizes the entire system to suit your space without affecting front-speaker characteristics for pure stereo listening.
Chromecast built-in, AirPlay®, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Most smartphone and PC music apps let you mirror what’s playing to your TX-RZ1100 with ease using Chromecast built-in. The receiver also features AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi® for universal wireless audio support.
Spotify, Pandora®, Deezer, TIDAL, and TuneIn
Enjoy any music you want any time on your home cinema via these popular smartphone and PC applications or via Onkyo remote app.
FireConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Solution
Cast anything playing through your receiver—including vinyl and streaming audio—to compatible speakers* around your home using FireConnect™ technology. Manage multi-zone playback with our free smartphone app.
* FireConnect™-compatible speakers are scheduled for release. Please consult www.onkyo.com for details on Onkyo wireless speakers. Onkyo cannot guarantee operability with all FireConnect™-compatible products.
FireConnect™ by Blackfire Research Corp. is a stable wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio.
Note: Audio sources supported by FireConnect™ are model-dependent.
Housewide Playback of Any Source
Put extra speakers you have to good use—connect them to the receiver’s Powered Zone 2 and Powered Zone 3 outputs. Dedicated DACs and a host of smartphone control options let you manage content in any zone, making housewide sound a practical proposition.
Latest Dual-Zone HDMI®
Select HDMI terminals support HDR, 4:4:4 color-space, and HDCP 2.2 for next-generation UltraHD Blu-ray, streaming 4K video, and 4K/60 Hz PC-based gaming. Zone 2 output transmits 4K home theater sources to a second TV.
The T's and the C's.
Product information is supplied in good faith.
Products and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
E&OE, errors and ommissions excepted.
What do all the advanced Audio/Video features of the TX-RZ1100 mean?
Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC)
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. Previously only found on Onkyo’s high-end components, VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analogue vectors in real-time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result - a virtually noiseless, smooth analogue signal based on the digital source.
Wireless Audio from your iOS device
AirPlay lets you stream audio from your iPod touch/iPhone/iPad directly to your main system. Experience your hand-held music collection with unrivalled Onkyo power and fidelity.
Stream computer-based audio wirelessly
With AirPlay, you can also stream every song and playlist from the iTunes library on your Mac or Windows PC to your compatible Onkyo system. iTunes and Onkyo—convergence without cables.
Remote App for computer-based audio
Using Apple’s free Remote app, you can turn your iOS device into a handy remote controller for your computer-based iTunes library. Browse to find your favorite tracks, even if you’re in a different room from your PC and hi-fi system.
Made for iPod iPhone iPad
The “Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad logo means the Onkyo product was designed specifically to interface with these Apple devices. This compatibility allows the user to control playback using the Onkyo system remote controller while their iPod, iPhone, or iPad is recharged. Users can also enjoy superior sound quality, as signals are transported in digital form—rather than analog—via the direct-digital connection on selected models
Bluetooth is a wireless transmission standard that uses short wave radio signals to connect mobile devices to computers and other compatible electronics.
AccuEQ calibration technology reveals the true potential of your speakers by eliminating standing waves from your listening space. These acoustic peaks distort the audio image and prevent your loudspeakers from voicing the sound as their designers intended. AccuEQ lets you experience the whole sonic picture without changing your speaker system’s unique personality.
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across connections.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, and sports, in addition to music, podcasts, and audiobooks, to an audience of over 60 million monthly active users worldwide. The company is based in San Francisco, California.
is an internationally-recognized seal of approval for products indicating that they have met industry-agreed standards for interoperability, security, and a range of application specific protocols.
is an Internet-based music streaming service. It allows users to listen to music content from record labels including EMI, Sony, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group on various devices online or offline.
is the name of a surround sound technology announced by Dolby Laboratories in April 2012 and released in June that year, first utilized in Disney and Pixar's animated film Brave.
also known as High-definition audio or HD audio, is a marketing term used by some recorded-music retailers and high-fidelity sound reproduction equipment vendors. It refers to higher than 44.1 kHz sample rate and/or higher than 16-bit linear bit depth..
384 kHz/32-bit DACs enable the best possible reproduction of standard and high-definition audio formats.
A digital music service that enables users to remotely source millions of songs- or various 'record labels' from a laptop smartphone or other devices.
A receiver with built-in decoding for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or both. Atmos calls for at least one pair of “height” speakers. These can be ceiling speakers or upward-firing Atmos-enabled speakers. DTS:X works with a regular surround sound speaker system.
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. The devices, designed as small dongles, enable users with a mobile device or personal computer to initiate and control playback of Internet-streamed audio/visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system through mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology. Alternatively, content can be mirrored from the Google Chrome web browser running on a personal computer, as well as from the screen of some Android devices.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
Audio signals are not static like a test tone, but rather a countless collection of constantly moving waves. While static measurements such as S/N ratio and Total Harmonic Distortion are important, Onkyo believes that excellent dynamic and transient response is the key to emotionally involving sound. Dynamism—the “life” in music—is achieved when the amp can respond to changes in the signal instantaneously, so notes start and stop naturally and the nuances in attack, decay, sustain, and release are voiced with conviction.
Tidal (stylized as TIDAL)
is a subscription-based music streaming service that combines lossless audio and high-definition music videos with exclusive content and special features on music.
is an open-ended streaming technology developed by BlackFire Research. The aim is to provide an inexpensive solution to multi room streaming, easily implementable by manufacturers. Through the FireConnect app, it's possible to control compatible devices regardless of brand or model.
THX Select2 Plus
THX Select2 Plus components are ideally suited for a room where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is approximately 3 to 4 meters, and the room size is approximately 56 cubic meters. THX Loudness Plus is included in the specification.